Director of Rochester Preschool
Instructs 2 classes of 3-5 year olds with a combined class size of 20 children.
Rochester, Vermont (2014-Present)
Director of The Plymouth Schoolhouse
Licensed Childcare for children 6 weeks old to 12 years old. Reggio Emilia based childcare, in a structured, peaceful & fun learning environment with an emphasis on literacy, math & science, art, healthy practices and building a positive, caring community.
Plymouth, Vermont (Summer of 2015 - Present)
Program Director/Lead Preschool Teacher, Maple Leaf Children's Center
Thetford, Vermont (September 2013 - June 2014)
Director, The Schoolhouse, Registered Childcare Home
476 Justin Morrill Highway, Strafford, Vermont (May 2013- June 2014)
Lead Preschool Teacher at Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC)
Ashland, Oregon (August 2011-December 2011)
QBO (Quality Behavior Outcomes) Arcata, California
Skills Trainer for young autistic children (February 2011 – June 2011)
Early Education Teacher ~ Preschool thru 3rd Grade
* Dedicated, resourceful and enjoyable educator with a solid commitment to the growth and development of every child.
* Aims to capture the imagination of children remaining flexible and build meaningful relationships with students, staff and parents.
* Warm personality and a genuine desire to see children achieve and succeed while encouraging strengths and interests.
Education & Qualifications
Master of Education, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia 2008- 2009
Recipient of Scholarship from Rotary International for Post Grad Study
The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT Graduated May 2007
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, Concentration in English
James Cook University, Townsville, Australia Semester abroad Spring 2005
Professional Teaching Experience
* Before & After School Care Senior Supervisor, Ashmore, Australia 2/09-8/09
PCYC (Police Clubs & Youth Center)
- The group ranged from 5-12 year olds, and I enjoyed working vacation care as well, when the numbers went up to over 70 children and we had several “excursions” to local attractions on the Gold Coast. The childcare building was my focus for a large artistic project, turning a tagged wall into a mural that will continue to inspire and encourage children through the years to come.
* Preschool Teacher/Portfolio Development ~ Cradle & Crayon, Hanover NH 1/07 –7/08
- Head Preschool Teacher to a class of 18 children aged 2-6 years old
- Documented and supplemented space to bring up to NH State Standards, qualifying the Center for NAEYC re-accreditation
* Preschool Teacher ~ Ascension Childcare, S. Burlington, VT 6/07 - 9/07
Champlain Elementary School: Burlington, VT 10/06 – 01/07
Trinity Childcare Center: Burlington, VT 01/06 - 08/06 & 9/05-12/05
St. Albans City School: St. Albans, VT 8/04 – 12/04
Team Leader Resident Hall (Jeanne Mance) Main Desk, UVM 2003- 2005
Managed 20 work study employees of Residential Hall Complex
Vermont ChildCare Industry & Career Council Membership February 2014
2nd Star Award from Step Ahead Recognition System, The Schoolhouse January 2014
Vt Northern Lights Career Development Ladder ~ Level VB April 2013
Eco Healthy ChildCare, The Schoolhouse August 2013
Sowing Seeds Humane Education Workshop 2007
Vermont Kindergarten Conference, Wyndham Hotel, Burlington, VT 2007
Substitute Teacher Training (Sub Hub) 2006
Reading Learning Assoc. Regular Tutoring Certificate 2004
CPR & First Aid Training Courses, American Red Cross 2003- Current